Code of conduct
Broxbourne Hockey Club Player Code of Conduct
This will apply to all hockey played whether, league games, friendly matches or training sessions.
Expected Minimum Standards of Behaviour and Conduct
All such individuals involved in hockey will, at all times:
- Respect the spirit of fair play in hockey. This is more than playing within the rules. It also incorporates the concepts of friendship, respect for others and always participating with the right spirit.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Respect umpires, officials, coaches, players and spectators. No abuse will be tolerated at any time.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Never participate when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Promote the reputation of the sport and take all possible steps to prevent it from being brought into disrepute.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, with dignity.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young participants and spectators.
- Protect others involved in the game from verbal or physical abuse and threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- Only the Team Captains should discuss decisions with Umpires during a game. Direct any queries to your Captain.
- All players should dress appropriately during games and all shirts should be numbered. Club kit is as follows:-
Men – Sky blue shirt with pink trim, navy shorts, sky blue and pink trim socks (alternative shirt is red).
Women – As above but navy shorts or skirts (alternative shirt is pink).
- Shake hands with opponents and Umpires at the end of a game.
- Regularly attend club training.
- Keep Captains informed of your availability and avoid dropping out at short notice.
- Never use inappropriate language or gestures.
- Abide by the England Hockey Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey Policy and Procedures and Good Practice Guidelines. (available to view www.englandhockey.co.uk)
- Abide by the England Hockey Equity Policy (available to view www.englandhockey.co.uk)
- Abide by the England Hockey Anti-doping Rules. (available to view www.englandhockey.co.uk)
- Abide by the England Hockey Code of Conduct and Behaviour (available to view at www.englandhockey.co.uk/equityethicsandbehaviour.
- Abide by the Broxbourne Hockey Club disciplinary code